Last update 13 January 2020
EDEM, in compliance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27th April 2016 and of the Spanish Organic Law 3/2018, of 5th December, on the Protection of Personal Data and the Guarantee of Digital Rights, as the entity responsible for the website, informs all users who provide their personal data, that these will be treated as registered as part of the processing activities of EDEM, in accordance with the provisions of Article 30 of the RGPD.
1. ADMINISTRATOR OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Name: Escuela de Empresarios, Fundación de la Comunidad Valenciana (henceforth EDEM). Address: Marina de València, Muelle de la Aduana s/n, Valencia 46024 NIF (Tax ID Nº): G-97250013 Recorded in the Register of Foundations of the Valencian Community under number 372-V.
Contact telephone number: 96/ 353 10 65.
2. DATA PROTECTION OFFICE (henceforth “DPO”)
Telephone of contact: 96 353 10 65.
3. PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Extended explanation of the purposes of processing
EDEM will process the data of its web page users for the following purposes:
A. For on-line enrolments on our website:
– To manage your pre-inscription and registration in courses, conferences, seminars, and other events organized by EDEM, and if necessary, the enrolment and billing for them.
– For the evaluation and selection of candidates for the different EDEM courses (entrance exams by tests, assessment of economic situation/academic performance for the granting of financial support, etc.)
– To prepare our different courses (tutor selection, compilation of student lists, creation of groups), as well as the running of them (assessment, attendance register, issuing of titles, management of internships, etc.). To do this, it is necessary to communicate certain information to the teaching staff, prospective employers and/or speakers who give the Courses/Seminars/Sessions, so that they can adequately prepare them and design content which is appropriate for their needs, and also provide appropriate assessment of students who are being taught or trained, the relationship that the student maintains with EDEM and the teaching programmes, as well as following up on any questions that may arise, both within the framework of the training, as well as those questions that may be raised with the teaching staff themselves.
– For those students studying on the same course, a list of students will be available.
– Additionally, within the framework of the internship programs established in EDEM, in order to manage the participation of the students in them, please be informed that certain data will be communicated to the companies that offer scholarships and/or in which internships are carried out, in order to ease the provision of economic support to for students, to manage the selection process and to complete internships, as well as to have access to employment opportunities that may be created.
– Enrolment of student-users of EDEM in our Virtual Campus (henceforth, “Campus Virtual”), regardless of the above, the student-users must validate the registration by accessing it through their own personal and non-transferable usernames and passwords.
– Monitoring the evolution of the student-user through the Virtual Campus or otherwise: attendance at classes, handing in of work, grades, anonymous customer satisfaction questionnaires, etc.
B. For information requests:
To manage the requests for information made to EDEM (information about courses, advice about courses, general enquiries, etc.).
C. For job applications:
To process your application to work with EDEM or to be part of the teaching staff, as well as to manage the selection processes of vacancies in EDEM, teaching or otherwise, to carry out interviews and assess group dynamics with the aim of integrating you into the organisation.
D. To attend events, seminars, and courses:
With the aim of promoting the activities carried out in EDEM, these will be photographed and filmed in order to share and circulate through social networks, media, web pages, etc. consequently the visual image and voice of an attendee may be recorded.
E. In general:
– T send periodically, through e-mail, electronic communications containing course information, training activities, seminars and other conferences related to entrepreneurship, investment and leadership run by EDEM or taking place in the vicinity of MARINA DE EMPRESAS.
– Used to comply with legal obligations.
Time limits and/or criteria for data retention.
The period of retention by EDEM of the personal data of the users will be solely for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, or if required, within the period established by law.
4. CATEGORIES OF PROCESSED DATA
EDEM, collects all the data directly from the interested party, depending on the place on the website dealing with the following categories:
– Identification data: name, surname, DNI/NIE, passport, e-mail, postal address, telephone.
– Billing, economic, financial, or banking data.
– Studies, professional experience, level of languages, tests for selection processes (foreign language level tests, aptitude tests), etc.
– Electronic communications metadata.
– Website traffic data.
– Images and/or voice recordings and/or on video.
The website, in its different forms, will indicate whether data is obligatory or voluntary to provide a service, in the case when it is obligatory the failure to provide them will make it impossible for EDEM to provide the requested services. In instances where no indication of the voluntary or obligatory nature of providing data is given, this will be obligatory.
The user agrees to provide truthful data and communicate any changes. In addition, in instances where data is provided from third parties, they declare to have consent to use this, as well as to have informed them of what is collected here; the user exempts EDEM from any responsibility in this respect.
EDEM is legally entitled to process data based on the following:
– The administration of enrolment in courses, selection processes, as well as registration, inscription in the student’s “Campus Virtual”, payment, billing and the development of the courses (list of students, preparation of the course, communication of information to the tutors/prospective employers/lecturers, administration of internships, etc.), as well as the awarding of internships is legitimised by the provision of self-same services of EDEM to the students/participants/attendees.
– The communication of EDEM’s activities is legitimised by the legal interests of EDEM.
– The administration of personnel selection procedures, academic or otherwise, is authorised by consent of the interested party, at the time of signing the different forms of said process.
– The handling of sending electronic communications related to the training activity of EDEM and MARINA DE EMPRESAS (newsletters, bulletins, news, promotions), is legalized by the consent of the interested party.
– For its part, the sending of electronic communications related to EDEM’s training activity to users with whom it has had a prior contractual relationship, is based on EDEM’s legitimate interest to carry out said procedures in accordance with current regulations (Law 34 / 2002 11th July, services of the information society and electronic commerce).
Independently of the above, EDEM may use the information made available to it to comply with its legal obligations.
As such, please be informed that authorizations obtained from users for separate purposes are autonomous from one another, and that the user can revoke them individually, without affecting the remainder.
EDEM will make the following communications:
– To financial institutions for the purpose of payment for the courses and services provided.
– Mailing and hosting companies.
– Public administration and State Security Forces and Agencies, by virtue of the corresponding legal obligations.
– To the public Universities which EDEM is attached to, as well as to their dependent institutions if necessary (University of Valencia, Polytechnic University of Valencia, ADEIT, etc.)
Additionally, essential communication will be maintained to suppliers that provide the necessary services for the operation of EDEM (data processing supervisors), scholarship partners, tutors, companies in which the students will carry out internships, curricular or extracurricular, all that which enables fulfilment of the study agreement.
International Data Transfer
EDEM uses the CRM HubSpot, Inc. for the management of the enrolments in its different courses, in addition to the management of the electronic communications. It also uses the Calendly tool, from Calendly LLC to schedule appointments with students and/or potential students. Both are U.S. companies that have a Privacy Shield Certification with the U.S. Department of Commerce.
EDEM uses the services of TYPEFORM, with which it has signed the corresponding clauses of compliance for data processing drafted by the European Commission and which Regulation (EU) 2016/679 expressly kept in force.
7. RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES
The user, as an interested party, has a right to:
– Know if your personal data is being processed by EDEM.
– Gain access to your personal data.
– Rectify your personal data, if and when it is incorrect or incomplete.
– Delete personal data, when understood that the reason for which it was available no longer applies, when permission has been revoked, etc.
– Oppose the processing of their data, provided that certain circumstances are met and for reasons related to their particular situation. EDEM will stop processing data, with the exception of compelling legitimate reasons or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
– Request the transfer of their data.
– Revoke permissions given to EDEM.
In addition to all the above, interested parties may make a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, when they consider that EDEM has either violated their rights or has not fulfilled their obligations in terms of data protection. You can find their contact details on their website: www.agpd.es
Users may exercise their rights against EDEM at any time and free of charge. To do so, they must send us a written communication, specifying the right they are exercising, together with a document certifying their identity (DNI/NIE or passport), to any of the following:
– By post to EDEM (DPO: Exercise of rights) Marina de Valencia, Muelle de la Aduana s/n, Valencia 46024.
– By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject DPO EDEM: Exercise of rights.
EDEM reserves the right to carry out, without previous notice, changes that it considers appropriate to its website, being able to alter, delete from or add to both the contents and services that are provided through it and the form in which these appear or are located on its website.
9. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The relationship between EDEM and the USER will be regulated by the Spanish legislation currently in force and any dispute will be submitted to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Valencia.